Monday, March 06, 2006

Initial Post

I've actually had this blog registered and ready to publish for a long time. Initially, I intended just to use it as an online diary of my various trips and exploits as a pilot. Over time, that intent has evolved to encompass more than just my experiences, but the experiences of others.

I had the pleasure of talking to one of my neighbors this weekend. His name is Charlie. Charlie has probably forgotten more about flying than I will ever come to know. At 84 he still has a passion for flying and telling me about the experiences he has had. Sometimes we are fortunate enough to meet people who influence our lives in such a positive fashion. Charlie is one of those people. I have heard his stories on several occasions now and he agreed that I can record his stories to convey to everyone else. As his wife succintly put it one day. . .When Charlie is gone then all of his experiences are gone. We cannot let that happen.

The real reason for this blog is two fold. I am an aviation attorney. I practice aviation law. I fully intend to use this site as a means of promoting my law firm and providing users with access to information about aviation law. When I see a promising article, I will post it here to the blog.

But this blog is also for my personal experiences and yours. We cannot possibly let the stories of Charlie and others go to waste and be forgotten. We are all aviators in a small community that desperately needs each other now more than ever. I encourage everyone to make use of this blog in such a way that we are able to keep a record that is preserved in perpetuity.

You can register on this blog such that when something is posted an email will be sent to you letting you know a new posting has been made.

In the future, look for more postings about Charlie, my travels as a pilot, and of course, aviation law related topics.

Thank you for stopping by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home